Sunday, June 06, 2010

Another Weekend in Lake Almanor--Sun is Shining!

I bought the thermometer for the wood stove and it is supposed to get up over 230 degrees to be out of creosote territory.  It never got over 200 degrees!!  Now what is that about--I pulled the draft all the way out.  Not enough wood at one time?  Too warm outside?  I don't know.

Saturday I awoke early and fertilized the front yard (did the back and side last week) and then actually washed my car after being here for three weeks with bugs all over it.  The fact I felt like doing it is monumental I think.  The sun is out!

Saturday, I also recorded some movies and watched "Mutiny on the Bounty".  This was the color version with Marlon Brando.  I do not remember watching it before though I must have seen the old black and white.  It was over three hours long but excellent.  It is hard to understand the inhumanity of some people. Where does that come from??  I think the Tahitians had a happy, simple way of life.  I doubt it is still like that there.

Matt spent the day in the sun and his friend Leo and children came up.  At night he went to Susanville.

I have my reading project for the summer, "Jesus the Christ"--over 700 pages but Talmage puts it all together so well, I am enjoying it.  It was years ago that I read it.

This morning my blood pressure is extremely high.  I took the machine in and tested it with Dr. Natali's and they were less than 10 pts apart.  The assistant said that was good.  Dr. Natali is switching the medication.  He says it has to come down lower.  Very puzzling.  He said that Dr. Hemp mentioned how bad my right artery was.  Dr. Hemp keeps telling everyone that.

I said to him that I feel like a healthy woman.  And he says I am except for the vascular disease.  I read all the copies of reports they gave me on the last day I was in the San Diego office.  It is very interesting to read how they write everything down you tell them.  I was amazed how well they remembered everything I said.  It was also interesting how they stressed that they had told me all the negatives of the surgery and I was "anxious" to proceed.  Really, anxious, huh???  More like, well, what else can I do?, I think.

Poor Bandido, he appears to be so miserable.  I think I better take him in and see what Dr. Bob has to say.  Maybe he can give him something for his discomfort.  Bandido and I are falling apart together.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far