Saturday, June 26, 2010

Good News?

Wesnesday I had my blood tested to see how I am doing on all my medication.  Cholesterol was lowered to 188--lowest I have ever had it!  Everything else looked good except blood sugar was up!  Too much carbs???  Will see how it checks out next month.  My blood pressure has been lower also so guess the meds are working.  The newest medication is Aggrenox to prevent a major stroke.  I will only know if it works if I don't have one.

Friday I woke up feeling so great, so I fertilized, watered, and then came in and cleaned the house thoroughly.  I thought, wow, I must be getting used to the meds, I feel good.  Then I noticed my pills were still sitting on the cabinet where I had left them when I forgot to take them the night before.  No wonder I felt so great!

My meds definitely make me feel achy, lethargic and gloomy.  Which does what I am not sure but I don't like it.

Jeanne told me she is on 80 mg of lipitor.  That is so extremely high I cannot believe she tolerates it so well.  Amazing!  And Marilyn says she is on 80 mg zocor.  I must not tolerate meds well at all because I really react to them although, Marilyn says she has the achy legs also.

Oh, well, time to read my good book "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" and forget about the pits of old age.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far