Monday, November 15, 2010

Love One Another

Tonight I received a beautiful note of appreciation and friendship from a ward member.  It was so unexpected and yet so needed.  We are all in need of validation and support from others and yet how often we forget to express our thoughts of admiration and appreciation.

I immediately thought of two other women in 7th Ward who would write a nice note whenever they thought you had said or done something well.  What a kind thing we can do for others. 

Richard was good about that.  Even silly little things like, "I love how you have Christmas in our house from October to January."  or "Let's count how many dolls and stuffed animals Janet has in the house."  He could have made fun of my collections and traditions but he never did.  In fact, I remember so well when he insisted on buying the blue velvet bunny I had admired at the Craft Fair. I still love it.

I have probably said this before but if anyone would want to know how to show love to their partner, they should read the book about David and Emma McKay written by a son.  Their expressive love was legend and many couples learned from their example.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far