Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Time

Fourteen years ago we went to bed in Maria's family room and Richard passed away at 2:20 AM. He had just asked for an aspirin for his sore throat and we couldn't find any. He asked me If I would turn on the tv so he could go to sleep easier. Within a few minutes he had cardiac arrest and left us.

Thanksgiving is always a sad time of the year for me as I reflect on the devastating events of that day and many more to follow. I like the above picture as it reflects happier times with Christmas at Park City. Today as the sun pored in and I looked out at the winter wonderland I couldn't help but think, though, what a wonderful place this has been for me to live.

It was Thanksgiving twelve years ago that Maria and I drove up to Lake Almanor and I fell in love with the area and found my perfect little home. The big trees on the drive up the hill were just as laden with snow as they are today. I knew immediately that this is where I wanted to be.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far