Thursday, February 03, 2011

Bad Day!!!

Today was a bad day for me!  The restoration to my new computer from my on line back up was just 9 hours away from being complete when the new computer started freezing.  After many attempts to get it up and running strong, I called Toshiba.  We did a system restore with no loss to my data, however, still freezing up. 

Three Toshiba reps later I was finally convinced we would have to do a system restore and lose all my data and programs I had put in the last two days.  Ok, I was resigned to that.

However, I had bought Microsoft Office 2010 and installed it and now I can't find the key card!!!  I called Microsoft because I do not have the receipt with me to run over to Walmart.  Always helpful, they said if I faxed in the receipt tomorrow, they would replace it with a new disc, not just a card.  Cost would be $23 plus $5 postage.  Not bad, for a $200 loss! 

First I will travel across town tomorrow to get my receipt--it is at Linda's house--and I am at Maria's house today, a loooong way a part.  I wonder if the Walmart near Linda's house will help me or will I need to go to the Walmart near Maria's place, a loooong way back?

Not to mention all the work of having the restoration done.  A friend suggested no lap top has enough memory to hold all of my pictures and maybe that is what caused the freeze.  How will I know that until I have everything restored and it starts freezing again.  So frustrating.  I can say with all honesty that computers have been such a delight to my life for the last 25 years but they have also caused me more frustration than anything else in this world, with printers coming in a close second.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far