Sunday, February 20, 2011

So That Is What.s Wrong With Me

I remember Marjorie saying something about I should find out why my legs ached so much when I walked.  I called her to ask he what she meant.  She said that her mother-in-law had that problem and it turned out her inner leg artieries were completely clogged and filled with placque, etc.

Since I am very concerned I will not be able to do this job of traveling to the field for SBA because of my not being able to walk without pain and having difficulty manuevering in the airports because of my bad back I decided to call my heart doctor about the artery tests I had last year.  The receptionist said the doctor was not available but his assistant Melinda could meet with me Friday morning. 

Melinda is so thorough, she asked me so many questions and she had retrieved the tests.  When she found out I was in so much pain on my backside, she told me she wanted me to see a back doctor before we did anymore about the legs.  She said that may be my problem.  I had not thought about that.  She also said the tests from last April showed the clogging to be mild.  She made an appointment for me with a Doctor Thorne.

I found out I need to have a lumbar laminectomy because arthritic calcium is pressing on the nerves and causing the leg pain!!  Eureka!!!

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far