Friday, May 25, 2012

Time Goes By

Can't believe I haven't written in here for so long.  I cleaned up my yard really well for one thing.  The wind had really sent a lot of pods on the ground.  I get very tired and spend some time each day taking a long nap.   Last week I went to the Reno Temple with Maryanne and Jean.  On Sunday we had pot luck after church so I had to make chili the day before and also prepare my lesson.  So the time goes.  Mitch is here also, so one more around makes a difference.

Sunday was very interesting as we had three couples visiting who are very friendly and like to participate and talk.  One of the men had been the project manager on the building of the Conference Center in Salt Lake City from 1996 to 2000.  He talked for most of the hour and told some very interesting stories about it.  He had 56 contractors under him that he had to schedule and bring the building in completed on time.  No one thought he could do it, but he did.  His wife told me that he was probably the only one prepared for the task of that building because of the experience he had had the years just prior.  He had also had special training envisioning the day he might need it and he did.  She also said when you work for the Church you take a cut in pay from your usual.  She said she went to work with the Associates and earned just the amount that was missing from their income.  All in all it was a wonderful experience for them and they now have a home in Salt Lake as well as California.  That would be nice.  It would be nice to have a husband and other couple friendships like that to enjoy.   I miss a lot being a widow.   They vacation here every summer but all live in different cities, very lovely people.

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far