Thursday, May 31, 2012

Good Day and Hate to Leave

Yesterday was a good day, had an enjoyable visit from Sue, and she challenged me to do two things a day to feel younger instead of older.  So I danced in my red night gown before bed and walked a little longer with Bandido and Bruce during the day.  This will be hard, what can I do to feel younger and more energetic each day?.  Oh, yes, today I only ate good things, no sugar, no ice cream, feel better already.  Losing weight will be a very good thing.    Must remember though "Ewe is not fat, just fluffy." Fluffy is good.  Surprisngly though my favorite jeans fit me right now...  If only my legs didn't hurt when I walk.   That is what I corrected supposedly last spring and now it is back.  Aunt Ellen and Mom had the same problem.  Must think good thoughts.

Also P G & E put in three new energy efficient lights--hallway and both bathrooms.  Plus they put a new light outside which will save energy and turns on and off by itself.  They also put in 5 energy bulbs.   And just as they promised, they do put out more light!!  Amazing.  Now we will see how long they last!!!!  Oh, yes, it was all for free.  There are some good things about being a senior citizen.

I also talked for awhile with an old friend.  That is always good.  Challenged again to feel younger instead of older.  Well, the P G & E men didn't believe how old I am, so that counts for something.

As I pack for San Diego, I always think of all the reasons I hate to leave, of all the things I enjoy  here.   Oh well, it will make it that much more fun to come home.

I can see that Mitch and I are two of a kind.  We both have to have lots of stuff with us where ever we g0--gives us lots of options.  My car always seems so small when I am packing.  Why can't I make good decisions now and take just a few things?  I don't know but I think I have enough clothes to last me for long, long time.   I keep getting rid of them but...

SBA called yesterday but I have medical things to do so...

I also finished watching the series "The Last Days of WWII".  I learned so much, some things I will be happy to forget though.

I also finished the McCoys and Hatfields.   Why do men enjoy the fight so much?  Very sad.  It is also sad to see your movie heroes get old.  I like to remember them as they were.   Just like old boyfriends, remember them as they were.

Oh, yes, and Ron called and said he has enough wood on his lot for me and we will get it in August!!!  Life is good.


John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far