Monday, February 26, 2018

Fire, Fire, Fire!!

That was a close one!!

When I came home from Linda's James was home alone and said they were having people over for ice cream for an open house for a girl going on a mission.  I told him I had seen all the ice cream from Handels in the fridge and had seen so many people in line  outside the doors of Handels as I passed it coming home.  Is is really that good?  James said it was.

I was throwing away some things that were on the counter and he got up and just before I went upstairs I noticed he was pushing the toaster back under the counter with the bread on top of the toaster and pulling the door down.

I was doing whatever in my room when I smelled something burning, since no one else was home but James I wondered what he was doing that was burning so much.  When I came out of my room and entered the hallway I could see smoke pouring out of the kitchen.  I was calling for James but he was no where in sight and the kitchen was full of smoke but I could not see where the fire was...not on the stove!!!

Then I had a vision of James pushing the toaster under the counter and pulling down the door.  I glanced over there and could see that is where the smoke was coming from.  Without thinking more I pulled up the door, pulled out the plug and carried the toaster outside on to the table.  There was black muck pouring from the bottom and the bread and plastic covering was stuck to the toaster.  I pulled it all out.

Just then Camber came in from the garage and carried the toaster out into the yard further away and began opening windows.  I checked under the counter and the fire was no where else but the wood was all black!!!  Yes, that was a close one and I am glad I did not get electrocuted as I pulled the burning toaster out......

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far