Wednesday, February 07, 2018

More Procedures

Tuesday before my Wednesday surgery I planned to bring in food I can eat for the next week or two, possibly see my dermatologist about the itchy head, buy a nightgown or two but the call came before I even bathed and dressed.

Lily from Scripps was trying to set up an appointment for the CT Scan.  Really, I thought that I had been canceled.  Am I just writing my own story here instead of following the program???  She checked and she said, no, you need to get the CT Scan.  I told her I had surgery tomorrow so not sure when I would be available.

She said, how far away are you?  Can you come in today?  I live in Del Mar, 20 minutes away.  Yes, I can come in.  When did you last eat and drink?  I will call you right back.

I missed the call at 8:30 but thought I better see if she left a voice mail.  She did, can I be there by 9:30?

Wow, no makeup, no hair wash and I was in hurry up mode.  However, once I got there, things slowed waaaaay down.....and it was cold there.  I had not thought about sitting for so long.  I was brought blankets without even asking, warm out of the oven? blankets.  When I finally emerged at lunch time, I headed straight for El Loco Pollo and ordered to go my Classic Chicken Salad and then up to Rite Aid for the prescription of oxybutynin they filled yesterday.  I was tired already!!!I

So, they did the blood draw to check on my liver and kidneys yesterday, the EKG, and today the CT Scan.  What have they learned...it is midnight and surgery is at 7:30...and I have not been told to not come in so I guess I am well enough to proceed.  I can't sleep...but I slept a little early on in the evening.

I was so tired I got into bed by 6 PM and Camber, James, Kelsi and Jimmy came up and said a prayer for me with Kelsi as the voice.  Very sweet and loving.

Maria will meet us at 5:30 AM at Green Hospital at Scripps, I pray all will go well and the pathology reports continue to come out clean and they tell me my liver, kidneys and heart are all ship shape!!! And I pray the pain is not toooo bad and I recoup really fast without a lot of bleeding, pain and all that!

Oh, and I wonder if they ever got the Stress test from Dr. Fletcher and was it too old.   I guess everything is on the computer, I do not have to show any cards or ID anymore I guess even the picture is in there.  Where would we all be without the computer????




No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far