Tuesday, January 19, 2021

New Primary Doctor and Statins

On 12/8/2020 I met my new Primary Doctor at Arch Health.  He is older and has worked other places.  He is a little gruff but very preceptive.  We talked about what I wanted from him. He had already looked at the records Dr. Serry has but I had not brought him any except very little information from Dr. Vaccarri, my Scripps Doctor.

Actually I have to have a Primary Doctor and he knows that but other than my aortic valve problem which is for Dr. Serry to take care of, I told him I want to build up my immune system, take care of any UTI's I get and find out about the Chronic Kidney Failure that is now listed on my charts.  He wants me to come in January after having blood and urine tests and we would talk about all that.  He said it means I have rust in my plumbing ???

Update, I met with him after the tests and sugar looks ok, CKF not a problem, but he talked me into trying statins again, can't use the expense excuse.  It is the generic of Crestor, only $9.62 a month with Good RX coupon at Sav-On and wants me to go for 3 months and see how it does.  He swears it will help my plaque.  However, I read later that statins have never been tested on people over 75 so, you know, is it really too late for that?  Also, I had a current UTI, why was I not aware?  I think I was so committed to finishing my puzzle, I was not paying attention.  Dumb me.  I like that he gave me 3 pills a day and called for a call back to check again.  He is thorough.   

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far