Friday, January 22, 2021

Happy Birthday 88 years!!!!!



I had an extended celebration this year.  Linda took me to lunch on Wednesday, bearing gifts and giving me a trial run to my haircutter's new place in Escondido, then I had my good Dr. apt on Thursday and had lunch with Maria, and fun gifts have been coming in from Amazon from her, plus she gave me fresh medjool dates and walnuts plus the recipe for a date shake and Friday Camber and James took me to lunch after bringing beautiful plants for my home.

Meanwhile I had birthday greetings on Facebook, Messenger, Messages, Instagram so it was a fun birthday even though if I am in San Diego for the winter we usually have a party.

Maria said to take a picture and it is good to mark the day so here it  is to mark 88 years of which I probably remember the first 8 the best!!!!





When Linda asked what I wanted I said the Pepperidge Lemon layer cake.  I only recently discovered this little gem but I have bought the coconut layer one for years...if hungry for cake these are really great.




Call from Stewart House twice, once here and then latter from the children and sang Happy Birthday each time.  Maria and her crew called on my tablet and sang while serving Birthday Cake Michael had made that day!




 


One thing James did before he left  my house is to get my key to grasp and let me have a fire in the fireplace.  My minister Bro. Williams had been so kind to find one that fit and brought it over along with a lighter and worked very hard to hook it on and then teach me how to do it.

Unfortunately I was not able to get it to grasp on the nexxt day or ever after.  James showed me how to slant it and get a good grasp by being gentle till it really latched.  

Then the second problem had to be solved.  My hand is not strong enough to turn it with just one hand while the other one is holding the fire torch.  So the first time I used a paper towel and lit it but this makes too big of a mess to vacuum up later.  Now I have one of my little candles that I use to light and then use my salad tongs to pull it out of the fire.  Life is so complicated when you are old and alone but never give up!!!!



No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far