Thursday, March 27, 2008

To Gluten or not to Gluten...

I have eliminated Gluten from my diet for more than a week except for one small biscuit and one small angel food cake slice on Easter. I definitely have no stomach aches and a lot more energy. Funny thing is I can remember having stomach aches being a problem since forever!!! And, of course, they have gotten worse as I've gotten older. As a teenager I remember blaming it on my tight levis (we wore the lady levi which had absolutely no give at all)!!! Not!!! Later I blamed in on sweets!! Not!!! (Though moderation in all things is still a must.)
Today I am going to add back some gluten and see what happens. I came across the following article today. I had no idea just 3 days could show so much.
"If you think something you're eating is terrorizing your tummy, try this food-elimination test.
Eliminate the suspect -- be it dairy products, wheat items, or processed sugars -- for 3 days in a row.
Keep a diary of how you feel during those days. Here are important clues to note.
Diary of a Digestive:
If your digestion habits changed, your tummy felt more comfortable, or your energy levels jumped, those are sure signs that you may have a food-triggered irritability.
If adding the food back in makes you feel like you have a touch of the flu, that would be another really strong sign. "

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far