Friday, March 07, 2008

"Retrospectroscope"--Never Look Back...

I have been studying the life of Dr. Russell M Nelson who was on the team that developed the first machine that could perform the functions of a patient's heart and lungs during heart surgery.
This was just the beginning of his many accomplishments but one thing he said really stood out as important to me in my life and the way I view myself. It is a good lesson for us all to learn.

He said that he had been taught by N. Eldon Tanner never to look back.

"He taught me not to look through the 'retrospectroscope' and agonize over what I might have done differently. So I don't relive the past. Each hour had its opportunity, and I either did a good job or I fumbled the ball. I walk away from the past knowing I gave it the best I had."

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far