Saturday, July 05, 2008

Celebrating the 4th

The 4th of July was celebrated as usual watching the parade in Chester. It couldn't hold a candle to the parades we used to have in Glendive but it surely draws a huge crowd each year. Marjorie bought me Lions Club barbeque for lunch and we perused all the craft booths. We even indulged in a shake and sundae from the new Ice Cream and Burger stand at Peterson's Place and it was very good. Will be good competition to Frosties down the street.
In the evening there was Mexican fare with Maria, Mitch, Matt, and Melissa at my house but no trip to the beach! The day turned out cooler than usual with a breeze and we watched videos instead and I forgot to take pictures again. Other than that it was a lovely day and I was happy to have Matt spend the night and catch up on all the yard duties the next day...fixed my chimney, cleaned out all the gutters, swept the roof, new light bulbs as needed and even took me to the river and helped me gather a lot of river rock. So much easier with muscle around. Thank you, Matt.
And Mitch, before he left on the 4th, did figure out how to do that dictate and write program I have in Word! Good ole Microsoft. I had no idea I had that capability. Should come in handy when my hands are too stiff to type. Richard would be so happy to finally be able to dictate into the computer, a program he was always pursuing. Thank you, Mitch.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far