Monday, July 14, 2008

Maria Recuperating

I meant to take pictures yesterday when I went to Susanville to show that Maria was recuperating but instead I didn't take a pix and left my cell phone instead. What can I say? It is who I am these days.
It is always a scare when you get a call and a child is in the hospital or worse. Our children are supposed to be stronger, healthier, wealthier, and happier than their parents. That is what we hope for anyway.
I enjoyed seeing Maria up and about and Mitch and Melissa and spending a whole afternoon with them. Melissa said I was enabling them to be lazy by waiting on them with a dinner. I told her they were enabling me to serve them.
I am blessed with the most wonderful children and grandchildren and even the most wonderful great granddaughter that anyone could ever ask for and I am eternally grateful for that. Richard is missing so much just as my Dad missed so much and John is missing so much. Why are they taken before they get to enjoy their children grown up and meet the grandchildren? I don't understand that.
As we learned on Sunday it will have to be in the millenium when we spend a lot of time together.
Anyway I hope you are feeling better for your trip to Italy, Maria, and am so happy you have a strong heart after all!

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far