Monday, July 21, 2008

California Pizza Barbeque Chicken Salad

Once again I tried one of the recipes out of the "Insider's Recipe Book" I keep on my desktop and sent to you all. Yes, Maria, there were a lot of ingredients I had to buy and I was still out of black beans so went without them but I tried the California Pizza 'Barbeque Chicken Salad' and it was really good.
Instead of mixing all the ingredients together for the salad part, I kept them in separate dishes and just did a 'pile on' salad. That way I can have salad over several days. Marjorie came on Sunday and she liked it as well.
I couldn't make my barbeque turn on easily (I am a whimp) so I just did oven barbequeing of the chicken but it was still great.
Anyway, love that book. Going to try the Big Boy's Strawberry Pie (used to be one of our favorites back in the good ole days) and it uses a can of 7-up!! And Maria, there is a recipe for funnel cake.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far