Wednesday, October 01, 2008

It's All Relative

Last night someone sent me an Obituary Archive from my hometown. I was interested in reading about the lady I worked for one summer during college.
It was a drive in--and I worked inside and my sister worked outside. The couple that ran the restaurant had recently married--second marriages for both I assume. They were always being kind of romantic and I thought it was so weird because they were so old!!!
Now as I read her obituary I find that she could have only been 43 at the time--that is younger than my daughters are and they seem so very young!!
And when I was in grade school my mother was in her early forties and I thought she seemed so old. Oh, my goodness. I guess it is good we feel that way or we wouldn't have respected them as much as we did but it is so hard to believe in retrospect.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far