Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Learning Curve is UP!!!

I am so glad Maria brought Mitch down last weekend. It surely cheered me up! Maria has such a great way with words, in voice, as well as on writing. I know we all enjoy reading her sobering messages that teach us each day. Thank you, Maria, for all your insight and beautiful way of voicing it.
I had never eaten a dinner at the Cheese Factory and I had the Bang Bang Chicken and Shrimp. It was so delicious. There is a Cheese Factory a block from my hotel and I bet it is not as crowded as the Arden mall one, we will have to try it sometime. We had planned on going to a movie but Michael got sick, so Michael and I hope to catch it this weekend.
I cannot go away overnight without checking out and back in the hotel (company rule) so if I go home for my winter clothes it will have to be on a quick run on a Sunday!! I really like my room and location of room and if I am going to be here till Christmas I want to keep this room.

We haven't started working 10 hrs yet and I am already so tired...
I finally feel like I am "getting" the computerized paperless loan processing program we are learning. Today I had a very productive day and feel like I have had a breakthrough. Maybe now I can stop doing this nervous eating.
The fact that I have a new SLO has certainly helped. He is the nice car partner who toured us around Dallas and kindly went with Betsy and I to dinner a lot. He is a team player, non judgmental, teaching without intimidation, kind of leader and we are all doing better under his tutelage. He acted happy to have me sitting next to him again also cuz he says I am the most organized person he has ever seen and probably thinks I can be of help to him once in awhile, too. We both miss the Necco Wafers I ran out of cuz Wal Mart doesn't have anymore!
He is about the age of my John. Just a really nice person. Comes from Buffalo. Our other SLO was knowledgeable but intimidating with sarcasm. I thought I was the only one who thought he didn't like me but Suzanne said the same thing today. We are both doing better with John. (He is a John E also). I don't understand why all leaders don't understand that a positive and comfortable working environment has positive results.
Now if my eye would just stop twitching, we are all having trouble with our eyes--could it be the lights, the computers, the???????

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far