Monday, November 24, 2008

12 Years...

It was twelve years ago tonight that Richard and I flew into Reno for Thanksgiving and Maria came down to meet us. I still have very vivid memories of that early morning on the 25th and the days that followed. It was also Thanksgiving time that my brother passed away. Not a good time for me.
I also realized that I have now been single longer than I was married. We were married for 37 years. I was single the first 26 years of my life and now 12 more. I don't know what that means or why it is signigicant, I just noticed it, that is all.
I was also thinking today of all the different places I have had Thankgsiving. Let me see how many I can remember.
Ogden, UT---Glendive, MT---Orem, UT---Provo, UT---Big Bear, CA---Pacific Beach, CA---La Jolla, CA---Sacramento, CA---Fort Worth, TX---Rancho Bernardo, CA---Susanville, CA---Lake Almanor, CA---Baltimore, MD---Galveston, TX---Phoenix, AZ---Las Vegas, NV---El Cajon, CA---Carlsbad, CA---Knotts Berry Farm, CA Have I missed any??? Of course, I can't remember how many at each place...
HAPPY THANKSGIVING, FAMILY, I LOVE YOU ALL, WHEREVER YOU ARE. I wonder what Richard and John are doing!
And where in the world have you spent Thanksgiving?

1 comment:

The Massey Family said...

Sigh....yes, I wonder what Dad and Grandpa are doing. Whenever I am at these pivotal points in my life I wish Dad were around to help me/tell me what to do/reassure me that I am on the right track. It's totally selfish, of course, I am sure he is happier wherever he is!

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far