Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What Do I Do For Fun?

Well, the gauntlet was thrown out. What do I do for fun?
On first thought, I couldn’t think of any fun I have…but on second thought the things that make me smile or laugh or just feel good. That is my fun…and here they are – in no particular order.
Phone calls with my daughters, sisters, son, grandchildren, friends…very enjoyable.
Having ‘one on ones’ with my grandchildren and great grandchildren: From spending hours with Kelsi, getting acquainted with Kate, having dates with Michael, watching Mitch play, learning how to use Skype with Amy, talking to Craig, chatting with Kelley, movies with Tanner, walking with Sarah, playing games with Jacob, zooing with Jimmy, doing the mall with Lea, having Meagan visit or traveling with her, working with Matt at my home, visiting with Kristi on the phone—all of my one on ones with my grandchildren are great fun to me.
Reading the blogs of my daughters and grandchildren…love being a part of their lives that way.
Sharing stories and memories with a willing audience. Lately it has been the little Filipino gal I work with. Sometimes a few minutes break from work is telling tales about ourselves. She said the other day, “I love hearing your stories.” She’s half my age and very kind to me.
Enjoying a movie with buttered popcorn, hot tamales, and Dr. Pibb. I am in heaven when I indulge like that.
Having a good pedicure…need I say more.
Watching a greal musical or good music show. Tonight I am enjoying the Country Singers…
Being immersed in a truly enjoyable book and read it day and night till I finish.
Cleaning up the yard…yes, that is fun. Cleaning the house is not!
A really romantic movie, a really sad, moving movie, a movie that makes me laugh. Movies have always been great fun to me from the time I was 5 or so.
Listening to my favorite music…
Watching an exciting football game…
Dancing around the room…
Having some cute guy say funny things that make me giggle or laugh out loud…anything that makes me laugh out loud is good.
Notice there are not many things I “do” for fun…no sports, no activities, no exercise, no crafts, no cooking, no sewing, hmmmmmm...

1 comment:

The Massey Family said...

You like dancing, that is an activity...

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far