Sunday, April 05, 2009

Maria's Farewell Breakfast

Thursday I drove to Susanville for a Farewell Breakfast with Maria, Mitch and Matt. (Mitch had to rush off to a college class so didn't get his pix.) Matt swapped his curls for a 'heiny' as they called it in my day as opposed to a 'crewcut' which left more hair up front.
We are all happy for Maria's exciting move to work at CSU San Marcos and know she will love her new life.
I don't know how I will get along without Maria, but I always knew I could be left here alone and yet moving here was definitely the right thing to do for me, just as moving back down south is the right thing for her now. As long as I can escape for most of the winter I think I will be ok. At least there will be three down there to put up with me in the winter so no one will have to keep me for too long. Gosh, I hate this growing old business.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far