Monday, November 30, 2009

I t Has Been 13 Years Alone...

It was 13 years on November 27 since Richard took his journey to heaven and Bandido and I have been alone.  The years have gone quickly I must say, but being alone is not the best way to spend your life.  However, if I had to spend it anywhere, I am glad it is here in this beautiful, tranquil place.  I was reading again the poem we had on Richard's program at his Memorial.  It so depicts his life--let me share it again.


I asked God for strength that I might achieve... I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.

I asked for help that I might do greater things... I was given infirmity that I might do better things.

I asked for riches that I might be happy... I was given poverty that I might be wise.

I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life... I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing that I asked for, but everything that I hoped for.

Depite myself... my prayers were answered.  I am, among all men most richly blessed.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far