Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Snow is Falling...

This is one of those lovely soft snow falling nights you wish you had someone besides Bandido to walk with!!! I bought some little slip on spikes to put over my boots--no more slipping this year!   The date on the picture is wrong--it is 11/17/2009. 

Marjorie and I are really doing well on our exercise at the gym. We are usually the only ones there when we go--very nice place.

Had a lovely weekend. Friday I went to the Reno Temple with Jean and Mary Anne. Very lovely. I didn't have the usual pizza and salad buffet...too tempting to eat too much. I am doing well on not eating sooo much and have lots of energy. Yea, yea. That is what it is all about. Saturday we made our Walmart run to Susanville--lovely warm day.
And Sunday I had a lesson to teach and it went ok, too. We had a very nice turnout at church and great talks from Jean's son who is a high council man and two younger boys. After we had our dinner at the church and everyone really lingered and enjoyed the food and conversation. I made Mrs. Krug's Goulash from Glendive, Mt. That is really an old recipe. The secret of the taste is all the butter it has in it!!! Shameful, but it is delicious.
Everyone should be happy to know I have an appointment to get my hair cut short--Shelley is so busy though, can't get it done till after Thanksgiving.
We are supposed to go to Greenville Friday night for a big Thanksgiving dinner at the Branch there. Hmm, if it is too much snow, we may opt out, have to see. It is very dark around here at night... and lots of windy roads...
          Really exciting life I lead, right?

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far