Saturday, March 13, 2010

Ajami

I spent my day at the movies again today and came out thankful I live in America.  It is so sad that we have these racial and religious differences that keep us from being a family of one.  I experienced it in my own life.  This takes place in Jaffa of Tel-Aviv and was actually a collaberation of a Israeli and a Palestinian.  It is a very gripping and a very disturbing tale but well worth the watch.  However, you have to keep track of all the different characters.  I wish I had read the following before I went.

Roger Ebert gave a marvelous review of the movie.  Even if you don't plan on seeing it he gives a keen insight into the problems of mid-east.

While I was watching the audience drift in I remembered what Kristi asked me the other day.  "Are you going alone?"  You know what, most of the daytime movie goers are alone--unless you are at children's film.

Check out the Ebert article below:

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far