Thursday, March 11, 2010

Kindness in a Dark World

I haven't written in here for a long time.  For one reason I was totally immersed in the second of the Stieg Larsson trilogy.  True, there is a lot of 'dark' stuff in these books but it is a fascinating mystery that keeps you in suspense and I so enjoy this character he has created.  She has some of the mind and computer skills we would all love to have and yet she has been so abused and mistreated you marvel at her ability to cope even with all her skills.

I have been thinking lately of all the evil people in the world.   And people that are just rude and mean.  It was so sad to see that people would defile the memorial blog to Chelsea King.  What has gone on in people's lives that they have such darkness in their minds?  It is so hard to comprehend the changes that I have seen in the world in my 77 years. 

Yesterday I was in line to have my tires rotated and balanced and so had lots of time in the parking lot at Costco.  I retrieved my keys after doing a little shopping and removed Bandido from the car.  He, of course, hurriedly decided to take relief  right in front of the car in the dirt so I was taking him back to the car and getting something to pick up his mess.  My car door was opened the whole time!  But a man who parked next to me just had to blurt out--"Mam, are you going to clean that up?"  (in a nasty, superior tone)

I have had my dog for 14 years and am a responsible adult who was right in front of the tire place.  Why would he think I wouldn't?  Why would he talk to me as if I was his child?  What makes some people think they are so superior and self-righteous? 

When I was watching American Idol last night I got so irritated at Simon--why does he get paid so much for being so rude?  I like the admonition of President Hinkley--to be a little gentler, kinder to each other.  We all have problems and challenges to handle and a kind word goes a long way.

When I was in a fast food the other day they had a new drink dispenser and a nice young man was commenting on it and I said I was wondering if I could figure it out.  Of course, when it was my turn I was wasting their time by trying to do just that.  And he was so sweet as he reached over and said a kind word and helped me instead of being rude and superior.  Why are some people so sweet and happy and make you feel good just to be around them and others rude and nasty?   It is a choice we all make every minute.  Memo for the day: Smile, Janet, smile, be happy and be kind to others.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far