Friday, March 12, 2010

Cell Phone and GPS--My Lifeline in the City

Yesterday I decided to see 'The Hurt Locker' after a Costco visit about my glasses.  According to info from the day before it should have been at 11:45 am in Poway.  Not! 

I called Maria and Linda on my cell phone.  Kristi answered at Linda's and found an alternate theater for me in Del Mar. (No, I cannot afford an IPHONE and get that information on my own.)  She gave me the address and I plugged it into my GPS and I traveled quickly over roads that were not around when I lived here before.

In fifteen minutes I was at the new theater with 45 minutes to spare.  Ah, one of my favorite restaurants Chevy's Fresh Mex was nearby.  Do I mind going in during business lunchtime and eat by myself?  No.  Do I mind asking for the booth, even though I am alone?  No.  Did they have my favorite chicken flautas as an Appetizer that means a full lunch for me?  Yes.  Was the waiter kind and gracious?  Very much so--even observed twice that I was eating his favorite entree.  Was I at the movie in time.  Yes!  Do I have more confidence in driving as long as I have my cell phone and my GPS?  Absolutely.

Note to family--I wish one of you would learn how to make those wonderful chicken flautas with the marvelous jalepeno jelly dip.   They were equally as good at El Torito when I took Melissa and Matt to another of my favorite Mexican food restaurants.  I just can't get enough of Mex food when I am in San Diego.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far