Saturday, March 13, 2010

Kelsi Comes to My Defense

Camber asked me to watch the children in the pool yesterday while she did some paperwork.  I had just come from the library so was looking at my new book when I looked up and saw Stella (Kelsi's 4 year old friend) say something to Kelsi while looking at me and imitating my stern look.  (Yes, I know I can look very stern if I am thinking about something else and not smiling--kind of like Vida used to look.) It is the old lady's badge of  "I have been through a lot of bad stuff" I guess.

Anyway Kelsi immediately responded with a firm, "No, she's not." And looked over at me and when she saw I was looking at her, she smiled and said, "I love you, Grandma."  And then as if to reassure me she told me that about four more times in the next 10 minutes while she and Stella sat in the jacuzzi.

Yes, I think I can count on Kelsi to be in my corner, what a loving child.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far