Monday, July 26, 2010

Another Project Bites the Dust

Some time ago I decided to 'save' my granny afghan.  I have had it since forever but can't remembe who did the crocheting and giving it to me.

Over the year some of the yarn has worn thin and there are holes.  I intended to find matching yarn and mend or recrochet all the holes.

I did find matching yarn but tonight when I started working on it, I thought, why?  Is this really how I want to spend my time?  And who would want it anyway?

So off to the Thrift Store I will go with it tomorrow.  Someone might want to use the yarn.  I even started a little afghan because I had the yarn to use.   But I don't like the yarn colors or textures so why spend all that time making something I (nor anyone else) would want?

In fact, I am questioning a lot of my time lately.  Watching a time consuming tv show I am bored with?  I just run ahead to see the ending and then zap it.  Started a book that doesn't keep me interested?  Give it away, let someone else read it.

Today I had the hardest time sitting in Sacrament Meeting.  I was as restless as a teen ager with other things on my mind.  But I didn't have other things on my mind, I was just bored with the talk being given and had to strain too hard to hear the quiet voice giving it.  It took all my discipline to not get up and go home.

Home for dinner but no interest in creating anything the least bit interesting so I just eat what is my fridge.

What is wrong with me?  How can I get enthusiasm for doing something?  Anything?

At least the lillies are blooming, they interest me.  I will take their picture tomorrow, and work on my muscles but what else????   Hmmm, see the movies I have been missing in Susanville?  Would they hold my interest?  Get a much needed pedicure?  Can I sit still that long and do I want to travel to get it-in the heat???

And how can I get to sleep tonight.  Even all my old songs sound boring and I have listened for an hour trying to get them to put me to sleep.  What now?  Hmmm....

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far