Thursday, July 22, 2010

Blessed "Bandito"

If you spell Bandido with a d it means Bandit in Spanish and with a t it means Blessed. Today he was Bandito with a t. We had not had our morning walk because I had to go in for an early morning blood test. After we came back I hurried out to do some watering before the "no watering time" and I left the screen door open. Bandito took the opportunity to walk around the house and across the street to do his business. He likes to do it in the empty lot with lots of weeds on it.

I heard this piercing scream but thought it couldn't be him as he was in the house. I ran around to the front just as a green truck slowed down and then I saw Bandido in the middle of the road. My worst fears had been realized. The green truck man told me the dog had run out and he couldn't avoid the hit but he thought he was just nicked. What a nice man to come back and check on him! Bandido immediately got up and hobbled away as we approached him and the man said that was a good sign and told me to go get my leash. Nice to have a man in charge.

Dr. Bob. the Vet, confirmed nothing was broken but a couple of his sores had bled and Dr. Bob discovered he had eye infection and his mouth was bleeding. He was training a young man to be a Vet so was giving instruction while he treated him. He said he would probably be very sore tomorrow and that he was one lucky dog.

Lucky, Blessed, whatever, that was Bandido's day today. As you can see, he does not look too happy. For the examination, two kinds of pills, eye cream and a disinfectant. It only cost $74 which wasn't too bad considering the alternative. Too bad dogs don't get Medicare.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far