Saturday, July 24, 2010

Are We Having Fun?

I was talking to my daughter Maria about our family being so task oriented that we don't know how to do 'fun' very well.  I know I used to know how to do fun because one of my teachers in high school told me I looked like I was always having fun...I think I was.

I decided to google 'fun' and see what it was and what 'fun' there was around here.

Guess what came up!  The place I live with a description of what it is is listed under FUN!  Here it is:

The Lake Almanor Country Club (LACC) consists of 1832 large single-family residential lots. This beautiful community is located in a natural forest setting of mature pine and fir trees on the peninsula of Lake Almanor in the Cascade/Sierra Nevada Mountains of northeast California. Lake Almanor’s elevation is 4500 feet and has a water storage capacity of over 1 million acre feet. It is a beautiful drive around the 52 miles of lake shore with views of Mt. Lassen to the west and Dyer Mountain to the east.

Rich with amenities, the common areas include a nine-hole golf course, seven tennis courts, three boat launches, two recreation areas with barbeques and picnic tables, a bandshell for performing arts programs, twenty-five miles of private patrolled roads with staffed, gated entrances, a clubhouse, administration building, and maintenance yards. There are approximately 400 lots that do not contain residences. Summer is our busy time, especially from Memorial Day through Labor Day with member “snowbirds” returning and the many vacationers who have discovered Lake Almanor and its many water accesses for fishing, boating, and skiing.

So how many of these 'fun' things am I doing??? 

Our main fun in our marriage was going to the movies. (When not taking the children on outings.) We would often stop at the Hilton and go dancing and then go home and make love.  That was our fun, entertainment, relaxation, etc.  Date night was always honored in our marriage, no matter how crunchy work was.

Hmm, now my fun is checking to see what is blooming, watching the birds bathe, watching one of my favorite tv shows or movies, crocheting, reading, walking, dancing--anything you can do alone.  Forget the golfing, swimming in the lake, sunbathing, boating, skiing, etc., all in the past.  Am I still having fun????

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far