Sunday, July 18, 2010

Marching Ants

I have been around ants and anthills all my life but I have never seen what I saw two days ago.  I didn't have time to take a picture as I was too busy trying to destroy them.

It was marching red ants--the column was tight and moving extremely fast.  The column was about 13 inches wide and about 8 yards long!!!  I am not kidding.  I do not know where they were headed or why but I did not want them marching in my home and since I was watering I put the strongest spray on and started squirting them hard.  Then I got the Ant Raid and sprayed the tree stump they appeared to have come from and all stumps in the surrounding area and any stray ants I could see.

They were not out there today but I will keep checking.  I could not find anything  specific about marching ants like that  on the internet but it was in the evening and it appears that if ants move their colony it will be at night.  Anyone know about ants??? 

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far