Saturday, July 09, 2011

Books and Reunion

Why do I keep selecting books I have already read???  I thought "The Brave" was a new book by Nicholas Evans but alas, I read it while in San Diego, how quickly I forget.   I will turn the audio off and look for a new bedtime book.  I have read all of Evans books, I wish there were more.  They all take place in Montana though he is an English man.  I just read about his mushroom poisening in 2008 and how it has changed his life.  Has to have dialysis and needs a kidney transplant.  I was just looking at some mushrooms in my yard yesterday and wondering how people knew what was poisenous.  Evidently you can make life changing mistakes by not knowing.

But I will keep reading "We Were the Mulvaneys" by Joyce Carol Oates.  She is an amazing author and I found this book in Tennessee at Goodwill.  What a great place to buy books.

The temp has been up the last few days but thanks to the pine trees my home stays cool and I love the time around 2 or 3 in the morning when it is so cool I need to pull the comforter up around me and really snuggle in.  But will I ever sleep all night ever again?  I doubt it.  I sleep, I wake, I blog, I watch TV, I read, I sleep, I wake, and so the cycle goes all through the night.

I talked for a long time this evening with Myrna, that is always fun.  We are both missing our High School Reunion tonight.  That would be the 60th of Dawson County High School in Glenidve.  It is a long way and not convenient to get to and no family there anymore so we both opted to stay in cool California.  Hope someone fills us in and all the happenings and who was there...and not there.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far