Monday, July 04, 2011

Catching Up on the Classics

The last two days I chose to read the classic "The Age of Innocence" by Edith Wharton.  I read it on my "Library to Go".  I thoroughly enjoyed it and yesterday watched the film version made in 1993, thanks to Netflix.

.
I think the characters chosen to play the parts were perfect for their roles.  Daniel Day-Lewis as Newbold Archer and Michelle Pfeiffer as Countess Ellen Odessa and Winona Ryder a May Welland.

I actually watched the movie before I finished the book this morning.  Michael queried  that "Wouldn't that ruin the book for me?"  Actually, no, I still like to read the book whether I have seen the movie or not.

Question though, I would like to know why it ended as it did?  Why did he walk away????   He was only 57...which meant they both still had a lot of life and love in them...

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far