Thursday, July 07, 2011

Movies and Ice Cream

Tuesday Maryanne and I saw "Larry Crowne" in Susanville.  It was very enjoyable.  After we had a quick taco at Taco Bell (I like the fresco ones) and then did a little shopping in Walmart. 

After I returned home the UPS brought our new Cuisenart ice cream maker and I had everything needed to try the Favorite Ice Cream from the Family Recipes.  The container had to be frozen overnight though so early in the morning I tried it and voila, it worked!!  Very good and I didn't need the Rock Salt I had bought in Susanville.  Since I had cream left over I tried a different Chocolate Malt Ice Cream as well--but here again, it needed to be frozen overnight.  Wow, it works though.  I didn't like the recipe as well as the last one I tried though ,that was more like my cho chos.  I will need to remember that.

Wednesday Michael drove to Sacramento to spend time with his friend and spend the weekend with his Mom and siblings.  I listened to "The Hand that First Held Mine:" by Maggie O'Farrell.  I had listened to it most of the night but kept falling asleep and couldn't follow it.  When you stay awake it really is quite a novel and I will for sure check out more of her books.  She is another Irish author who is now living in London and thus the story took place there.  Interesting that I have several favorite Irish women authors.

The verdict came in Tuesday on Casey Anthony--Not Guilty.  She knows what really happened, how can she live with that???  They say she is a psychopath though and evidently they can live with a lot of bad things.  She will probably get rich by writing a book or doing a movie--will be interesting to see what happens to her next and if the truth ever comes out.

Oh, yes, the daisies that usually come out by Memorial Day, finally bloomed, so I changed my blog pix.  These are wild flowers, that come and go at will with little water, at least I never water them.  It has been very warm the last few days but always cool under my pines.

Oh, yes, there was gluten revenge on me Wednesday for all the hot dogs, hamburgers and pizza I had over the 4th--good thing I am staying home for a few days...and what a tummy ache.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far