Friday, July 08, 2011

Dysfunctional Families

Last night I was listening to "Townies" a memoir by Andre Dubus III who wrote "House of Sand and Fog".
I really like 'House of Sand and Fog'.

I did not like 'Townies".  I don't know whether he just exaggerates or what but if not he had the must dysfunctional parents, none of which can be excused by lack of income or having to work and raise children at the same time, after all,  what is new about that?  Most people still try and teach their children the basics of living a good life and being responsible. I turned it off.  I will never know if his parents were really as bad as he made them sound or not.

Why could I read about Jeannette Wall's dysfunctional parents in the "The Glass Castle" and not his?  I don't know but anyway, turned the book off.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far