Friday, February 03, 2012

Happy Endings Please!!!

I just enjoyed watching another BBC Masterpiece Series "Downton Abbey" but there was no happy ending.  I don't like that.  It is so amazing how they were able to carry out those class distinctions for so long in Britain...and maybe they still do.

Last night I finished the audio of the "The Shaken Earth" and I skipped some of the middle cds as it was just too long as they looked for the daughter's mother after the earthquake.  I just couldn't take it anymore as she talked about her "mama" so I put on the 10th CD and at least there was the happy ending finally.

I just don't have any energy for completing any of my projects right now, not sure why but I am spending too much time reading, listening to cds and watching TV!!!  And even then it takes a lot to hold my interest--I must have the winter boredom blues or something.

The sun has been shining but there is a chill in the air and I build a fire about 4 every day amd keep it going til 10 or 11.   Very comfy.

Yesterday I went back to Shelley to cut my hair.  I showed her what I wanted and after giving me a hard time about the fact my hair was nothing like the ladies in the pictures she did a super job of cutting it just the way I wanted.  Of course, next month I may want it all different but she is very good.

She was telling me she sold 17 houses last year which is truly amazing.  She has learned how to sell the short sales and foreclosures.  The last one on the peninsula she sold for $375,000 right on the lake!!  Good deals out there for those with money.  Wish I had the ambition to learn how to do it but I don't. 

Surprise, surprise, the last two days Bandido has run as fast as he can and loved it.  Mike spoiled the dogs by putting something delicious on their dry food and now they beg every day for more.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far