Saturday, February 04, 2012

Woe is Me...

My sore throat and earache have returned--why?  I had antibiotics for five days which was supposed to be good for 10 days but I figured it was the night of the 10th day when the sore throat returned, so what is that all about?  

Today I watched "Edward VIII" miniseries, in preparation for watching Madonna's W.E.  I am also interesting in watching Madonna at the SuperBowl tomorrow.  I think she is an amazing intelligent and creative person who works very hard to do what is important to her.  Lots of discipline I think.  Will be interesting to see how she does on both counts.

I was interested in some Widipedia info about the Duke and Duchess of Windsor--they were called the greatest parasites of the 20th Century.  She had jewels worth millions and their furnishings ended up selling for millions.  They were obviously supported by the British Government--but she stated it was very difficult to keep the "great romance" going.  It was obvious from what I read and saw that they did not really think the Brits would make him abdicate and I am sure it did not make Mrs. Simpson happy at all.  Also they may have been sympathetic with the Nazis.  There have been so many movies and books written about them, how would you know what was really true.

Since I will be watching the Super Bowl alone tomorrow as Mike has to work (doubt he would watch it anyway) I had him bring home some Buffalo Wings and Nachos stuff and I made a gluten free chocolate cake.

Oh, yes, more gluten free excellent recipes.  Yesterday I tried the Raised Doughnuts and today I tried the Chocolate Cake.  Both excellent, which is not really a good thing for me.  The recipes are so simple and so delicious, it is a good thing I am out of potato starch.

I always want to spell potato with an e on the end...spellcheck does not like that.  Where did I learn that?

I talked to Myrna for a long time tonight.  Her daughter wants her to make decisions about what to do with her Manhattan Beach house and all her collections and furniture in it.  It makes Myrna very sad, though she realizes she is very lucky to have those kind of decisions to make.  She had spoon, special plates, and Merrry Go Round music box collections.  It is so hard to know what to do with all those treasures and whether to rent or sell her house.  I don't envy her decisions.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far