Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Poor Bandido

We all know Bandido  has poor eyesight.  Today he almost froze because of it.

I let him out on the back deck where I had shoveled a nice snow free area for him to go pee.  Since there was so much snow I did not hook him up to his leash for a run (slow walk) to the backyard.

While I was busy at the computer at the dining room table I soon wondered why he had not come back to the door to be let in.

Lo and behold he was nowhere to be seen, until I noticed a wandering trail of a paw marked tunnel in the snow that went round and round below the deck and then trailed off in to the side yard.  I ran to the front door and looked out to see if the trail led to the front of the house.  Not so.  I ran back and peered over the side of the deck and there was Bandido wandering around in the deep snow in the neighbor's yard.

All tuckered out after his snow trip.





























  He had so many balls of snow stuck to him I had to put him in the bathtub and warm his legs with warm water and melt the snow. 

Poor thing, this is the first time in a year or so that he stepped off the deck by himself.   With the snow about the same heighth I am sure he just went the wrong way.  What if I had forgotten I let him out????  I shudder to think.  With his bad eyes and deaf ears and my bad memory,  we are a dangerous duo.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far