Friday, February 10, 2012

Island at War

Today I watched all six episodes of "Island at War".  At times I wondered why I suffer through these WWII movies because the mean German soldiers get me so upset but...  There were also some very nice German soldiers that made you realize they did not want war either.  They were forced to do what they had to and after all they are all just people, no matter whose side they were on.

The human dynamics were so interesting.  It was very well done and I wished there had been more episodes!!

A side note of interest was the Grandma making potato flour from potatos and commenting  on how many potatos it takes to make flour.  Until I started making gluten free pancakes and such from cornstarch and potato starch I was not even aware there was potato flour.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far