Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Last of 100 Passions--AFI

I had eight on the list of 100 Passions (movies) from AFI that I had not seen.  I couldn't find five of them, but watched three the last few days.  The last one was a real doozy, from 1920, a Lillian Gish silent film.  It was 2 1/2 hrs long with a long cast of characters with a dramatic ending of the betrayed woman floating on a piece of ice toward the falls.  We have come a very long way in 100 years, not all of it good, but technology has certainly improved.

One was "Manhattan" with Diane Keaton, Woody Allen, and Meryl Streep when they were very young.  Richard and I had had to leave a drive-in Woody Allen movie very early, when the children were very young.  We had no idea what it was about, thought it was a comedy, and I have seen few or none since I don't think.  I especially liked seeing Meryl Streep with her long, long hair.  She was so beautiful.  Diane Keaton has definitely gotten better over the years.  Her hair was very kinky with a bad cut but she had pretty eyes.  Woody Allen doesn't change much over the years.  It was a typical Woody Allen film, however, and definitely not a favorite of mine.

I really enjoyed Henry Fonda and Barbara Stanwyck in "The Lady Eve"--a comedy.  She was so pretty and charming and he was a handsome nerd, both very young.  Well done but they drew the story out much longer than they would today. 

Yesterday I cleaned both living room rugs, it is so easy I have no idea why I do not do it more often.  I think I will try cleaning the couches one of these days.  Sadie had been peeing on the center rug and I was not aware of it--under the table!!!  I just don't understand her.  She is outside most of the time, she has a pad in her little home.  For some reason she does it when I am napping or working in the other room.  I think she needs a psychologist as well as retraining.  At least the carpets look and smell nice.  That is great and she can never be in there alone again!!!!!

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far