Thursday, October 09, 2014

Books, Books, Books

Since the beginning of summer I have read or listened to 22 books!!!  I tend to read certain authors over and over:  Lee Child and the Jack Reacher books.  Anita Shreve,( I have read all of her books), Nora Roberts, Dean Koontz, John Grisham, Nicholas Sparks (Read all of  his), Harlan Coben, Joyce Carole Oates, Maeve Binchy and others I can't think of just now.


New authors I like are Gillian Flynn, J. Courtney Sullivan, Kate Atkinson, Lisa Gardner.


I also read some autobiographies: Maya Angelou, Tom Bergeron, Carolyn Jessop and an interesting one of a man growing up in the Glendive area.


The problem is that I do not remember anything about the book once I am finished.  I just read "Gone Girl" for the second time because I wanted to read it before I saw the movie and I could not remember anything at all from my first read last year.


I borrow most of my books online from the San Diego County Library through 'Library To Go' and have 10 on hold at all times so I always have books on my Kindle and my Samsung Tablet.  I find I often listen most of the night and miss part of the books when I occasionally doze off but it is a great way to fill sleepless nights without using your eyes.


It is nice to be able to just read a book all day long if you want...too bad time for reading comes at a time when your eyes get tired easily...thus the audio books are so wonderful.


No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far