Monday, June 27, 2016

Now I Know...

What it feels like to be the one wanting answers.  When I worked as a loan officer for so many years my time was always well used and there was always so much to do and I tried to get answers for people as fast as I could but...

To the one waiting for answers it feels like they just don't care.  I stopped in to the Golden 1 on Saturday to deposit some money and thought I would talk to the manager about my chances to get a personal loan to pay off that expensive water heater and some high interest charge cards at the same time.  She was so empathetic and taking notes all over a little piece of paper.  She thought they would call me around 12:15 when I had driven back home with my groceries.  I didn't get a call so you imagine all kinds of scenarios and I had pretty much decided it was not going to be.

Then today I get a call from the loan officer and she started chatting as if I would know they were working really hard on this and she said we can loan you this much, will that work?  I was thrilled to think they had gotten to that point already without even asking me any other questions.  Then she said, "We will need a copy of the last two years tax returns."  "Oh, I don't need to file any more according to my accountant." I said.  "And it is a Family Note and I would not put it on my tax returns anyway, but I can show the spread sheets from my computer and bank statements with matching deposits.  She sounded disappointed and then said,  "Oh, wait, Kareen said she has another idea."  (Kareen is the manager)

And no call back... I know they hate to work with bank statements, etc. and just keep it simple  and not get creative so I understand,  but now I know how it feels to wait for that call...

And now I remember how much I hated working in the loan business.  I used to threaten to write a book called, "Everything I Never Wanted to Know About the Loan Business"!!!

So, if wishes came true, what would I have wanted to do with my life...well, of course, I always wanted to be a blues singer...but I can't even carry a tune.

Time to listen to a book about someone else's life, mine is not so great right now.  Although Will said he would look at my leaf blower and see if he can save it, and he said my grandsons could use his log splitter this weekend if they want to, and he suggested what to do about those carpenter ants I keep seeing.  Will is a nice neighbor.

My brother Dave this weekend said he gets more help from his neighbors than his Mormon leaders who live on the same block.  "Mormons are too busy being Mormons to be of  much help, but my other neighbors are great. "  Dave turned 89 Saturday and he does most everything inside and out for he and his wife Dorothy.  He said the young guy across the street volunteered to clean out his gutters and had it done in no time.  Yes, neighbors can be very nice...

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far