Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Hamilton

I just finished the most fascinating book "Hamilton" by Lin-Manuel Miranda.  This was not the history book but this book is all about the making of the musical which is currently on Broadway.  



Such a talented young man to be able to write this and pull such experts in to make history come alive in such a fascinating way.


Someone has paid for the school children in the area to see it so the teacher's have done amazing preparation in the classrooms, what a great learning experience as well as entertaining experience.


I also downloaded the music and words.  When I had first read about it I could not understand how a musical be made from the material but it really works and since I will never see it, I am sure, I am enjoying it all the same.  I can actually understand the words and on You Tube you can see and hear excerpts as well as Google lots of the images.  The costumes represent the historical time and from the neck up it is modern time.

It is actually quite moving.  I cried through "Stay Alive" and "It's Quiet Uptown"--reminding me of John and then "Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells your Story?:" reminding me of Richard.  Very emotional.


It is a really amazing musical...


Now I am waiting for the audio book of Hamilton by Ron Chernov to become available on my San Diego Library to Go.   Miranda makes it sound most interesting to read!!

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far