Saturday, June 16, 2018

My Father on Father's Day, 2018

My Dad was such a gentle man, he did not say too much but was always there to listen or just be there.  In these pictures he would have been about 57 or 58 even though he looks older.  He and Mom had driven to be with me after I broke up with Bill in San Diego in 1959.


He loved sports and when I was a junior my friends and I had boyfriends on the football team and he would drive us to games that were far away (in Montana everything is far away) and put up with us.  My friends all thought he was amazing.  I think it was a tournament in Billings, maybe basketball, and we stayed overnight in a hotel and he actually surpervised us.  He did not have a friend with him or Mom.  Just him.  And I am one of six children.


You can tell he was not a Californian, so white.  But he was never overweight but he never exercised like the guys do today, just hunted and fished and often walked to work.


Hey, how about that white glove effect, we often wore the gloves and that is a dress I made.  I made most of my clothes for awhile in my life.   What a dear man with many gifts and abilities but always humble and kind and thoughtful of others.





No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far