Saturday, June 16, 2018

Sadie

Sadie has just got to be the best dog in the world.  I have hardly had to use the leash at all when we are not walking.  She stays around the yard unless the people in back of me are out.  She does like to visit them as well as their dog.  Last week when I had to retrieve her so I could go to the movies she was not outside with their dog and the lady of the house, she was inside with the man of the house.  

She loves to supervise my watering and gardening and she sits and watches and follows me from front to back.  I know it is a big temptation when dogs are walking by to go out and greet them but she has learned if I remind her to come back or just sit and watch, and even when little children are talking to her she will just sit and watch.  She is not a barker and sometimes she will just sit and wait for me to let her in without uttering a sound or occasionally give a little cough to let me know she is there.  She follows me from room to room and when I want to stay up in the living room for awhile even though it is her bedtime she hesitates to leave me unless I tell her it is OK to go to bed without me.  If she is napping and I settle down on the couch she is immediately there to sleep with me.  I don't know how she hears the slightest sound but she does.

I am sure she understands so many sentences and if not she will cock her head and just listen intently trying to understand what I am saying.  She always looks very sympathetically if I am sad.  I often toy with the idea of getting a kitten but somehow I just can't make that decision.  But I am so glad Sadie is in my life.

Alas, her groomer's phone is not working anymore, what to do, where to go...a bad groomer around here is not guaranteed by any means.



No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far