Saturday, June 16, 2018

Where Was Richard?

Last week Maria and Mitch were looking for Richard's Grave at the El Camino Memorial Park.  They called me and I gave them the directions I knew.  Finally I sent them pictures from our 2015 meeting there and they could see where it was located by the other buildings and such in the distance.

Strangely Maria was sitting right by it and Mitch said, "I am looking at it and it is not there, Grandma, do they ever take them out?"

He put down his pencil and felt it and then he began to pull away the long grass and mounds of dirt.


I notice in the upper right hand corner it looks like one above is also sinking into the ground.


I know we stopped digging for the vase as it kept getting buried long ago, now the tombstone, too?

I called the El Camino office and was immediately put with Rebecca who had been there for 21 years.  Richard was buried in 1996, 22 years ago.  She said she only knew of one other time that this had happened.  She apologized profusely and said she would send a crew out and do whatever needed to be done.  She did say that they had started using recycled water in January and there were more vitamins, etc in it and the grass was growing much more.  Mitch said it seemed very wet and soggy in that area.  She also said they were putting in a new system of maintenance which she thinks will prevent that happening again.  She also said she would call me and tell me what they find the problem is.  So far she has not called so I will make that call this week.

Thank goodness Mitch needed to write a paper about cemeteries or it might not have been discovered until when????  

She did say whenever you cannot find a plot immediately to come to the office or call their number and they will send someone out to find it for you.

For future reference, it is lot 167, space E and F (for me, too) in the Cumorah Lawn hill.  There is a beautiful large tree to the left of it.


No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far