Friday, June 15, 2018

No More Itching!!!

Finally after six months of itching on the head, face, neck and upper chest, no more itching.  I had been on a steroid but it obviously did not solve the problem.  I went to my GP Dr. Salehi and asked her if she could get me in to the dermatologist in Chico earlier than August.  She immediately called and I had an appointment the next day!!!

Dear Maryanne drove me down, I get too stressed going to Chico alone, I just do not know the town well enough and I hate driving the windin canyon.  I so appreciate that she will go with me.  We ate at Chili's before coming back and had back ribs!

Anyone I saw Dr. Buttolph in the same office as Dr. Saejan as he had a cancellation.  He talked so fast and had an assistant on the tablet who wrote what he said and then they printed it out for me and gave me a list of recommended products.

So, yes, I do have eczema, it is the seborrheic dermatitis which is like a fungal infection -- dandruff.  He put me on two prescriptions: the topical steroid Clobetasal which is a solution I put on my scalp twice a day (just where it itches) and a prescription shampoo I use three times a week and wash my face and hair and he said when I wash my hair I should rinse it so it goes down the drain instead of on my shoulders and body.   He switched me to Zyrtec instead of Benadryl for the itching.   The redness has already started to go away.  So the dandruff shampoo and the other steroid did not work...wonder why.

But the steroid worked immediately and  I have not had to use the Zyrtec for itching at all.  After six months I think that is amazing!!!  We go back on July 9th.  Ha, I just noticed they have Robin Crockett on my instruction sheet as my name.  I better call them!!!

Oh, and the red skin syndrome...he says that is after years on steroids, not weeks.  So toss all the information away.

And and the Dr said rash from foods is not necessarily a part of this disease but if food makes you make out in a rash...stop eating it!!!  It is an individual thing...

They did give me a list of all the sensitive skin products than they recommend plus detergents to wash your clothes in....

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far