Saturday, June 22, 2019

Clogged Salivary Gland

This week I had a new and interesting dilemma.  On Monday, I noticed there was a hard knot below my right cheekbone.  It hurt when I touched it but otherwise did not.  It was not as painful as my abscessed tooth was and it did not appear to be near my tooth roots, so ruled that out.

I could not find lymph nodes in that area according to a computer search and no glands so what was it.  I imagined having cancer cut out of my face!!!

I got called in for my second pneumonia shot that was missed and so I told the nurse about the problem and the Dr determined it was a clogged salivary gland.  The glands that make your saliva.  She showed me a picture on the computer and it is shaped like South America.   I was not given my shot.  She told me what to do about this problem and she gave me an antibiotic prescription.

She told me to suck on acidic items like limes and lemon drops, drink lots of water, massage it, use warm compresses on it and she made an appointment for me to see PA Nielsen the next day as she will be out of the office.  Dr Salihi is moving next week anyway and I am being shifted over to the PA.  She also said if it got a lot bigger to go to the emergency room.  I may have to see an E.N.T. also.

I also found a website that said holding hot water in the mouth for at least five minutes was good.  This is not easy.

The next day I saw Theresa Nielson, the PA, an interesting redhead who has a lot of fun in life I think.  She decided an ultrasound should be done and hoped it would be ready tomorrow.  They did it rather quickly I thought.

Mary Anne called the next day and said she and Mason had caught about 10 trout and did I want one.  I told her I had to come into the PAs next day and would love to stop by for the fish.   But, next day, no call on the test so I called and the secretary said ultrasound not in, but she would make an appt for Monday and tell the PA I called as soon as she came out of seeing a patient.

I went in to get my fish anyway and it was delicious and that night the PA called at 6:30 pm and apologized and said she wanted to see me Monday to talk about the ultrasound.  Meantime, I am continuing my treatment.

I think it is getting smaller!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far