Saturday, July 27, 2019

Boston Cream Pie

A couple of weeks ago I was at the Susanville Market and starting having a conversation with one of the clerks.  I said that someone had told me they had good 'Boston Cream Pie' and I saw that they had several in the food case.  I decided to try one and ended up getting for free because I had over $100 in groceries that day.

Then I made the comment that we used to be able to buy a cake mix with instructions and ingredients for such a pie.  Another clerk agreed with me.  It was one of my favorite desserts when I was raising my children.

I ended up not liking the way they made the Boston Cream Pie but it kept nagging at me till yesterday I decided to make it myself.  Yes, it did taste as good as the package mix I remember but I should not have made it. 

I have got to off this sugar track I have been on this summer.  It makes me listless and fat and I do not want to go down that route again!!!!

However, I would like to know why they quit making the mix!!!!

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far